Sorry to have been so MIA lately! The demands of running a small business all while being a stay at home mother and over all house slave really puts a time restraint on getting much done these days.
Anyhow, I’ve been through quite a few diaper bags in the short time that I’ve lugged around my little guy. Through trial and error you start to learn what your must haves are when you leave the house and have that “oh crap” moment when you forgot about something you suddenly remembered you left behind. It’s important to have a diaper bag that not only can:
-physically hold up
-has proper functionality for your on the go needs
-has enough space and storage
-is affordable (some diaper bags are ridiculously expensive! Huge downer!)
-must look cute!
So I finally found this gem! The Carter’s Zip Fashion Bag
I love the cute mint color of its interior, it has two side pockets, a large back pocket, and an ingenious zipper down (detachable) changing pad (pictured below).
As you can see, it’s not only functional – it’s fashionable and affordable! I purchased mine for about $50 on Amazon and got free shipping because I’m a Prime member. I believe sometimes when on sale, you can find it for $39 – $40. It also has sewed in stroller handles so you can just clip on the stroller handles which literally makes life so much easier!! You can stuff so much inside, here’s a picture of everything I have inside mine:
Everything inside my bag I consider ESSENTIALS and MUST HAVES whenever leaving the house with my little guy! Not having these = my doom!!
First, and foremost – the most important item in my diaper bag, my life saver (hence why it’s at the very top of my bag once the zipper is open):
- My Ergo baby carrier (link is to the one I purchased, which I purchased with the infant insert). I seriously CANNOT leave the house without it. My son AJ hates being in the stroller for too long and prefers to be held/ carried. The Ergo baby carrier is the perfect solution for this. I put him in the stroller until he starts to get fussy and starts to cry, then I strap him in his carrier and he’s good to go until he falls asleep in it.
- TONS of diapers, because – well, this should be self explanatory. Baby poops, baby poops often, mommy must clean the poop!
- An extra onesie for the times baby boy poops all over himself or decides its fun to play with food and smear it all over himself
- A jacket for those days when its unexpectedly cold or extra breezy.
- Bib so that baby boy doesn’t ruin the perfectly adorable outfit you put together for him while he’s eating.
- Wipes pouch full of wipes. For poop, food residue, crumbs, all sorts of messes. Baby wipes cure ALL!
- AJ’s cute sunglasses I got at Nordstrom’s for $10! They’re a flat blue color that have checkered stems (not sure what these part of the sunglasses are called, but they are the long pieces of the sunglasses that rest on your ears)
- Neutrogena Kid’s Sport Sunscreen
- Honest Company’s Organic Kid’s Sunscreen
- Earth’s Best Organic baby food pouches. Now, I like to make all of AJ’s food at home, but when I’m on the go and can’t take his homemade food out – I purchase this brand. AJ likes them, they are convenient for when we are on the go, affordable, and most of all ORGANIC. Which is a relief because I don’t have to worry about what is going in to his little body.
- Disposable baby utensils for when we eat out or go to a restaurant, I don’t have to feed him with my hands or sharp metal utensils that he’s not ready for.
- Extra pair of socks since he’s notorious for pulling them off and getting them lost. Forget about even trying to get shoes on this kiddo!
- Mommy stuff: Small perfume bottle and hair ties. Getting myself and AJ ready to go out can be quite a challenge. I always try to remember to get everything he needs, but often forget about myself in the process so I stash a bottle of spray for myself and hair ties in my diaper bag to prevent all the hair pulling.
- Infant thermometer
- Baby Orajel – because he ALWAYS seems to be teething
- A baby nail file
- Baby blanket, just in case it gets cold
- Sun cap, because AJ hates the sun in his eyes
- Beanie, for that Washington cold weather
- Pacifier with pacifier clip holder
- Plum Organics Little Yums Organic Teething Wafers. To calm down that cranky, teething baby all while enjoying a yummy snack! AJ prefers the Spinach, Apple, Kale flavored one. NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT A PACK!
- Extra baby bottle to add water or juice to for baby boy.
A few things I also have in the side compartments:
Receiving blanket: when nursing AJ because he gets really sweaty and breastmilk gets everywhere!
A bottle of water for the both of us.
AJ Photo bombing!
Well, those are my diaper bag essentials and everything I lug around with my little guy. What are your diaper bag essentials? Hope you guys enjoyed my post, leave some love in the comment section below!
Till next time!